Multi-line math equation referencing

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:04 AM
Hi Daan,

Thank you for creating Madoko, it's a fantastic tool. Just a couple of questions:
  1. How can I label particular lines in a MathPre block in the same way as labelling an equation.
  2. I can use amsmath \begin{align} ... \end{align} to set out multi-line math with \label{X} for particular lines. In this case, how can I refer to those lines afterwards? In regular Latex I'd do \eqref{X}. But I can't figure out a way to do this in Madoko.
Thanks for your time.
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2015 at 3:18 PM
Hi, thanks for enjoying Madoko :-)
I personally love the mathpre mode and it is good to hear you discovered it.

Currently, Madoko can only label particular blocks, like ~Equation { #eq-euler } and refer to it using equation [#eq-euler] in the text.

With regard to alignement:
  • A mathpre block already is aligned and you can use & freely to align
  • In an equation, you can use \begin{aligned} to start a LaTeX aligned block
This still doesn't help with the labeling of individual lines inside an equation block though and there is no way to do this currently in Madoko (*). Perhaps Madoko should support this though -- can you perhaps send a good example where this is put to good use? Perhaps we can think of a good design that works well and also displays well in HTML output.

Thanks,
-_ Daan

*) except of course by just targeting LaTeX specifically. You can use \label{myline} in the math block, and use [\eqref{myline}]{input=texraw} to refer to it inside LaTeX output only.