This project is read-only.

Change font

Sep 4, 2015 at 5:32 AM
How can I change the font of the document not just a piece of text but the whole document.?
Sep 7, 2015 at 5:10 PM
Use a metadata rule on the body element:

At the start of the document, write:
~Body: font-family="Verdana"
Of course you can also use CSS directly, or for Latex some latex command.
Nov 26, 2015 at 9:34 AM
I fail to change the font in the PDF to 'sans-serif' for the whole document. I get it for HTML with the ~Body: ... metadata rule, but this fails to work for the PDF ?

Thats what I have in the preamble:
Title   :  The Title
Author  : martschn
Document Class : [11pt] article 
Package  : tgheros
Tex Header  : \renewcommand*\familydefault{\sfdefault}

~Body { font-family: 'sans-serif'; }

[TITLE]

# First heading
And then the content of the article
The Tex Header gets imported into the .tex file correctly but without changing the default font to sans-serif

Perhaps someone can help?
Nov 26, 2015 at 12:44 PM
Addition to my previous post:

If I compile the generated .tex file, the PDF has the correct sans-serif in the whole document. But if I compile it from within Madoko (local) with Alt+L it fails to use the sans-serif.
Nov 27, 2015 at 4:58 PM
And another addition: The problem is solved. I added
Package  : [T1]{fontenc} 
to the header (see above) and now the PDF has the desired sans-serif.

Perhaps the German Umlaute made some confusion ...?
Dec 2, 2015 at 8:32 PM
Edited Dec 30, 2015 at 12:35 AM
Ha, that is strange. I will look into it. Also, Madoko use the fontspec package by default so changing the main font in LaTeX should be done like:
Tex Header: 
   \setmainfont{Helvetica}
or something. However, setting the font-family on the body element should do the trick -- I will look what caused the trouble. It may have to do with the particular font you selected; i.e. the tgheros package that still uses an old-style T1 encoded font. You can select this font directly if you know the LaTeX font name -- in this case for tgheros it is qhv. Try:
body {
  font-family: tex-family-T1/qhv,sans-serif;
}
This selects the right font in LaTeX. You can read more about LaTeX font specifications here.