This project is read-only.

Error Message "error:unable to read: /usr/local/bin/madoko.mdk"

Sep 4, 2015 at 8:18 AM
Hi

I try to use madoko localy and get the following error message (the conversion to document.html has worked!)

$ madoko -v document.mdk
process: document.mdk -> document.html

process: /usr/local/bin/madoko.mdk -> /usr/local/bin/madoko.html
error: unable to read: /usr/local/bin/madoko.mdk

(I'm on OS X 10.10.5)

Fabian
Sep 7, 2015 at 5:09 PM
Thanks Fabian for reporting this -- it is very strange behavior and I haven't seen this one before. Did you install Madoko through nmp?
Best,
-- Daan
Sep 8, 2015 at 7:55 AM
Hi Daan

I have no deleted my npm installation and reinstalled npm and madoko. Everything works now. I have now idea what the problem was…

Fabian

Am 07.09.2015 um 18:09 schrieb daan <[email removed]>:

Thanks Fabian for reporting this -- it is very strange behavior and I haven't seen this one before. Did you install Madoko through nmp?
Best,
-- Daan

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

May 26, 2016 at 12:05 AM
nuriaion wrote:
Hi Daan I have no deleted my npm installation and reinstalled npm and madoko. Everything works now. I have now idea what the problem was… Fabian Am 07.09.2015 um 18:09 schrieb daan <[email removed]>: From: daan Thanks Fabian for reporting this -- it is very strange behavior and I haven't seen this one before. Did you install Madoko through nmp? Best, -- Daan Read the full discussion online. To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed]) To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed] You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com. Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Hi Fabian

What was the source of error? I have the same error: "unable to read usr/local/bin/madoko.mdk". I haven't tried uninstalling npm or madoko yet.
May 26, 2016 at 12:17 AM
Mmm, looks as if Madoko doesn't read the command line arguments correctly, i.e. the full command line should be something like:
node lib/cli.js <real arguments>
Perhaps you can find something by looking at the shell command scripts that npm installs for global installs like Madoko. I.e. somewhere there must be a 'madoko' shell script that invokes Node with madoko/lib/cli.js as its argument?? I would love to figure out what is going on and possibly fix the issue. :-)