This project is read-only.

PDF generation

Sep 13, 2015 at 2:21 AM
I installed texlive and put the metadata "Pdf Latex:pathToLatex"
Using with the node install in Ubuntu (madoko --pdf file.md) throws an error:

! LaTeX Error: *** NFSS release 1 command \define@mathgroup found

is there something else to configure?
Sep 13, 2015 at 8:38 AM
Not sure to say from that error message - -however some googling showed that other people had this error on Ubuntu and it was caused by "amsmath.sty" not being installed; It is recommended to install all packages with a Texlive installation or make package installation automatic; perhaps doing:
$ sudo aptitude show texlive-math-extra
may help? Let me know.
If not, please run latex directly on the .tex file yourself and send the output:
$ xelatex file.tex
Best,
-- Daan

ps. I am currently travelling so may not react promptly
Sep 13, 2015 at 10:51 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2015 at 10:52 PM
Still no luck. I tried to go from the beginning, clean ubuntu in a VM,
__sudo apt-get install texlive__
__npm install madoko
After putting the metada in the file, I had to download a lot of sty files (css.sty, fmtcount.sty,mdframed.sty,stmaryrd.sty,datetime.sty,iftex.sty,module.sty,tablefootnote.sty,enumitem.sty,madoko.sty,pdfcomment.sty,etoolbox.sty,marginnote.sty,soulpos.sty). After this, still the same error. The output is too big for the forum, here is a gist

thanks in advance
Oct 1, 2015 at 12:04 AM
I just pushed out a new version of Madoko with a brand new latex backend. Can you try with this version?
First do:
> npm install madoko -g
to get the latest version (0.9.8-beta). Hope it will work now, otherwise please send again a 'gist'.
Also, I usually install TexLive as a full install so it doesn't download packages on demand which didn't always work reliably for me.
Oct 1, 2015 at 3:07 AM
I'll let you know. Thanks for the heads up.