This project is read-only.

Can I use a bib style defined in CSL?

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:06 PM
Madoko supports .bst definition of a bibliography style, but I only have .csl definition of my University's required style. Is there any way I can get Madoko to read a CSL definition, or even convert between .csl and .bst?
Dec 13, 2015 at 10:56 PM
Hi, at this time, Madoko only supports .bst style files. There are many well-developed styles though in that format -- I personally never understood the need for the 6000+ (!) CSL styles out there :-)

Anyway, I feel that Madoko should support CSL too though! I wanted to do this for a long time so I will start looking into doing this -- with citeproc_js this should be fairly easy to do. If you don't mind, please send me a link to your Universty's style and I'll use it as a test style. I'll keep you informed if support is coming soon or not.

Best,
-- Daan
Dec 13, 2015 at 11:54 PM
Agreed - I'm not sure why each school has their own specific preferences!

Glad you're interested in adding CSL support. Link to mine is here: https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/london-south-bank-university-numeric.csl

Cheers,
Andy
Dec 30, 2015 at 12:33 AM
Edited Dec 30, 2015 at 12:33 AM
The latest Madoko release supports CSL :-) Please give it a try; When I write online:
Csl Style   : london south bank university numeric
in a fresh article template it works already. Let me know how it goes. Still no documentation but I am working on it.
Jan 9, 2016 at 2:22 PM
Works really nicely - thanks!

When I added the line you quoted, I got an error that it couldn't find the CSL. However, I added my CSL using the "Include > Bibliography Style (.bst)" dialogue and it accepted and interpreted the .csl file fine.